Accompanying Interpreting by FResHU supporters
Support Office dispatches accompanying interpreters (called FResHU supporters) to day-care centers/hoikuens and health centers for helping the child care for foreign researchers and international students. If you have some planned interviews at health centers regarding your child’s admission to day-care centers/hoikuens or in-house meetings at day-care centers/hoikuens with teachers and staffs as a parent but you have worries over communications in Japanese, then we will find you a FResHU supporter who could accompany you and give you a helping hand for the procedures, such as; interpret during the interviews and in-house meetings.
If both categories (1.& 2.) indicated below apply to you, you can request the interpreting service by sending an application form.
- You are a female researcher/international student of Hokkaido University.
- You want to go to a health center to apply for your child’s admission to a day-care center/hoikuen or you have an in-house meeting planned with day-care center.
- As of 2017, we can provide interpreters for English.
- It may take several days to assign an interpreter, so please request for this support service at least 10 days before preferred date for the interpreter is needed.
- We cannot provide you interpreting service for day-to-day matters such as:
“My child will arrive late at day-care center/hoikuen today, so please call the day-care center to notify it for me.” ->interpreter cannot be provided
“We do not know what to bring for the day-care center’s field trip, so please inquire about it for us.” -> interpreter cannot be provided
The flow of procedure to request an interpreter/ FResHU supporter is as follows