Accompanying Interpreting by FResHU supporters

Support Office dispatches accompanying interpreters (called FResHU supporters) to day-care centers/hoikuens and health centers for helping the child care for foreign researchers and international students. If you have some planned interviews at health centers regarding your child’s admission to day-care centers/hoikuens or in-house meetings at day-care centers/hoikuens with teachers and staffs as a parent but you have worries over communications in Japanese, then we will find you a FResHU supporter who could accompany you and give you a helping hand for the procedures, such as; interpret during the interviews and in-house meetings.

If both categories (1.& 2.) indicated below apply to you, you can request the interpreting service by sending an application form.

  1. You are a female researcher/international student of Hokkaido University.
  2. You want to go to a health center to apply for your child’s admission to a day-care center/hoikuen or you have an in-house meeting planned with day-care center.


  • As of 2017, we can provide interpreters for English.
  • It may take several days to assign an interpreter, so please request for this support service at least 10 days before preferred date for the interpreter is needed.
  • We cannot provide you interpreting service for day-to-day matters such as:
    “My child will arrive late at day-care center/hoikuen today, so please call the day-care center to notify it for me.” ->interpreter cannot be provided
    “We do not know what to bring for the day-care center’s field trip, so please inquire about it for us.” -> interpreter cannot be provided

The flow of procedure to request an interpreter/ FResHU supporter is as follows


Application Forms